« Home | Kombucha Martini » | Bold with a Bite » | The Perfect Kombucha Container » | Holy Culture, Batman! » | The Right Stuff » | Latest Brew Update » | The Taste » | Yummy Brew! » | Kombucha Review #1: GT's Mystic Mango » | Plastic Vs. Glass » 

Sunday, April 02, 2006 

The Basics, Baby!

I think it's about time to go over some basic aspects of kombucha. I suppose a good place to start may be what is kombucha and why do people drink it? Kombucha, (pronounced com-boo-cha), is a delicately cultured fermented tea beverage. For centuries, people have been drinking kombucha for its reported health benefits. It is often called a "wonder drink".

Millions of people all over the world drink kombucha for a myriad of reasons. The most popular benefit noted is probably the extra energy and overall sense of good health and well being a person feels after having a glass of this sparkling beverage. Some other benefits reported are healhty skin and hair, improved digestion, mental alertness, appetite and weight control, and the list goes on.

I know for myself, that it makes me feel extremely well balanced. My energy levels are effectually doubled after I have a glass in the morning. It curbs my appetite and I think my skin and hair have that lovely, vital "glow" of good health. I think the benefit that I most enjoy, is the way it affects my mood. Kombucha is essentially an anti-depresant to me. I can think of several instances where I was in a less than chipper mood, and after drinking kombucha, I felt like my whole day was turned around. There are some amazing things this drink can do for people. I suppose everyone just has to try it out for themselves to find out.