« Home | The Perfect Kombucha Container » | Holy Culture, Batman! » | The Right Stuff » | Latest Brew Update » | The Taste » | Yummy Brew! » | Kombucha Review #1: GT's Mystic Mango » | Plastic Vs. Glass » 

Sunday, March 05, 2006 

Bold with a Bite



My latest brew is a lot more vinegary than my last. I know it is because I let this one ferment at least a week longer. The batch itself is fine, it stills tastes all right and gives me all the great benefits, it just has a taste with a bit more of a kick to it. Some people actually prefer their kombucha to taste more like this, but I prefer mine to be a bit more subtle. I find that it mixes quite well with orange juice. The flavor is a bit strong by itself, but mixing makes it taste quite yummy! The culture came out looking nice. It didn't look quite as nice and healthy as my last one and it was a little bit uneven. One side of the culture grew thicker than the other. It still came out as a nice, healhty culture with great color and size. I hope that it produces one just as nice.