« Home | Latest Brew Update » | The Taste » | Yummy Brew! » | Kombucha Review #1: GT's Mystic Mango » | Plastic Vs. Glass » 

Sunday, February 19, 2006 

The Right Stuff

My latest brew has just the right combination of sweetness and acidity. It has smooth undertones to it, and its fizziness is perfect...not too overwhelming but light, mellow and slightly bubbly. This batch does actually taste a lot like sparkling apple cider, like a lot of distributors say. I'm really very impressed with these two latest batches. The cultures are looking very healthy; much more healthy than the batch before.

I had a lovely cocktail at a party I went to tonight. It was a combination of fruit and vegetable juices, but the thing in it that stood out the most was the distinct flavor of ginger. I absolutely love it. One of my favorite commercial beverages I've tasted is Kombucha Wonderdrink's Asian Pear Ginger. It has a wonderful flavor and it makes you feel fabulous! It is the beverage that actually turned me on to kombucha.

I think I might try to make up my own recipe with my own batch and ginger juice. There is something I really like about ginger...I think it combines very well with the kombucha flavor and it is also very healthful. It's wonderful for digestion and about any sort of stomach ailment. It is also said to be good for the circulatory and respiratory tracts, mood enhancement and even menstrual cramps.

I will try out some different flavor combinations and report back on it.